Sunday, March 24, 2019

CCR #2

How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

The story of my film is about a young female athletes journey to the Olympic Games through track and field. As this is most track athletes dream, I feel they will be able to relate to this film and gravitate towards its message. Knowing that, I could set up flyers and advertisements at low-level local meets, gaining popularity within small communities at first. This would mean that I would originally have to share the film on free-to-use streaming services like YouTube or Vimeo.

As the film would gain more popularity and profits off of the streams it receives, I could enter it in film competitions or festivals hoping for more exposure towards a different type of audience than it previously reached. 

Also, as the previously stated marketing techniques are being used, I could also keep fans up-to-date through social medias. With the help of these platforms, even more fans will hopefully be introduced to the film, and exposure can be gained this way. At first, while the film is being distributed free, I could also provide a link to it on the social media sites, to allow for more streams and profits to be acquired.

To summarize, I will first distribute the film free until it picks up enough momentum to carry its self to the next level of distribution (aka. theaters and DVD). I will also be able to engage with my audiences through their own personal reliability to the topic of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment