Sunday, March 3, 2019

I Made A Mistake...

As you can probably tell from my last post, I got a little bit confused. I started to work on the project as if I was doing a magazine, and about a week in I realized that I actually signed up for a film opening. However, this error won't prove to be a drastic one because I can still use all of my ideas for the magazine, and turn it into a film.

With my "cover story" being about track, I can turn that story into what the film is going to be about. I will have my fellow athletes work as actors for my opening and this error will have no noticeable effect on the final outcome.

Back On Track

So now I need to brainstorm how I am going to construct this opening. To do this, I decided to watch another film. Field of Dreams (1989). After watching this film, I studied its opening. I liked how they used a voice over to set the scene and establish characters. I believe I will use that same technique in my film opening. I will also take inspiration from this film by setting mine in the past as well. The opening to Field of Dreams is able to capture the narrators nostalgia as he is looking back on his life and setting up the character and plot to come.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment