Sunday, March 31, 2019

Editing Starts

After my filming took place at UF, I had a long car ride home to begin sorting through and editing the shots I had. I knew that I could not possibly finish it all because I still have two more shots/scenes to film back at my high school. However I decided to go ahead edit anyway. I pieced together my shots into an order that made the most sense and cropped them to fit each other as seamlessly as possible. I also threw a filter over every shot, this dealt with the problem of differing light situations at each shot location.

The image above is a screenshot of part of the opening scene that I filmed. This shows how I dulled the colts in the shot and over exposed it, allowing me to mask the differences between my two main film locations, my high school track and the UF track.

To wrap up my fist editing session in the car, I also slowed down all of my shots to 75% speed. This allows for more of a "flash-forward" feel without too much of a noticeable difference. All in all, I am very happy with the way my film is coming together at this point and look forward to wrapping everything up this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment